Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Strong women


Funny story:

Fact: I've been pretty uneasy/paranoid about safety with Joe gone........

Ok---this morning before work I went out to load up my car and start it to let it warm up

It's still really dark outside and I didnt have in my contacts and couldn't find my glasses

and I'm pretty freakin blind

anyways, I'm going to walk back into my house and I can see this blurry figure, who looks like a person and I can kinda make out that they are walking a bike

so I think that they are staring at me, and then they start to turn into our car port

and Im thinking it's a hobo or something and they're coming to harass me for $ or rob me etc.

I get all panicked and the adrenaline get going, Im freaked out,

and yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" and start to book it to our front door......

and then my LANDLORD is all "Maren, it's ok. Im just coming to do the irrigation.

"

I felt retarded to say the least.


I explained that Im extremely blind and thought she was some creep-o...

pretty funny.

maybe had to be there....



So today I was able to momentarily quit throwing a pity party for myself and realized there are alot of other women in the "hardly see your husband" boat too.

(My mom, sister, and girlfriends.......)

Others have survived and thus, so will I :)


The bright side:

I got a whole lotta time to do a whole lotta things I should

(homework, household stuff, gym)

and no excuses not to.

So here's to becoming extremely productive.



Another picture of Joe and I .... so glad Kaitie helped out so we could have these cause they make my day everyday right about now.

No comments: