Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'll be better--- I promise

I have been horrible about blogging----well actually horrible about writing anything down about life and experiences. I need to be so much better about it because today I realized that one day I will probably hate myself for not writing anything down because I will not have anything to help me remember this once-in-a-lifetime being young and married and in school experience. So since I don’t have much motivation and do not have the time anyways to go back and “catch-up” on the last 4 months---I’ll start with today. Today is always a good day to start with.
Right now I love sitting on my living room couch with the blinds partially open so I can see the enormous yellow moon rising. I love that early this morning while I was showering I could see the moon through the bathroom/shower window and it was small and white against the blue sky. I love the rendezvous the moon and I had today. I loved listening to Graham Brown during my 1:30AM drive home from the gym. I love that I CAN go to the gym and especially at my favorite time of day to work out……late at night. I love having obsessive thoughts during the week about how I’m going to teach my primary lesson. I love that I teach older kids who can read the scriptures. I love that even though I have forgotten to buy colored printer ink for 3 weeks in a row, I can get up in the morning and prepare my lesson’s demos the old fashioned way--- as in using crayons :)
At night after Joe has already been sleeping for several hours--- I love that creeping into our bedroom and finding that the entire room smells like him ---and oh how I love the smell of him love. I love that he loves the smell of me. I love that that was way personal. I loved watching the boys tonight. I love that Joe loves to come with me and play with them too. It was such a blast making sticky bubbles and squirting each other with the hose. I love how Cole wore Chase’s swim suit and it was WAY too tight and how Chase’s suit was WAY too big and kept falling down to show his little boy butt crack:) I love my mental picture of Joe playing with the boys and pretending he couldn’t see them behind the enormous palm tree until they finally peaked around. I love Chase’s bartering with us to let him have a turn at the hose so he could squirt his older brother. I loved reading Beatrix Potter books to the boys--- I thought they were so much shorter than they actually are because the books are small….. and then after committing to reading 3 of them and realizing how long they were--- let’s just say Cole is definitely a naieve child no longer because the “skipping pages” trick doesn’t work on him anymore. This explains the protest “Maren you skipped a page.” I love Chase’s response when he couldn’t find his superman pj shirt w/ attaching cape----“Chase maybe someone took it.” “Oh. Well I’m gunna be MAD at him.” Hahaha. I love reading the “Floppy bunnies” book. I read the page where the bunnies fall asleep after eating lettuce and I said “What are they doing?” and Chase yells out “Being FAT!!!” …… hahaha. I love our 100 million ripe tomatoes but I do not love the birds which peck at them. I love planning on going out to my parents tomorrow because they are in Alaska w/ my sister, and how excited Joe and I are to watch their enormous TV with REAL cable--- yes AHHHHHH we do not have REAL cable. I love it because when we want to watch TV- we have to go to the gym to do it and that means we are working out and getting in shape in the process. (Side note I love going to the gym every day expect Sunday) And I love not having cable because instead of watching TV in our spare time, Joe and I do a million more things like talk, go outside and work on our house and garden, go the gym, study and read (well at least I do), make and eat dinner together, and a million other things. It’s great. Last but not least, I do not currently love that I spent a huge part of my day practicing writing essays, but one day it will work out. But I did love of having free time to the about the “Freedom riders” (Not to be confused with the Jenniffer Garner movie “Freedom writers”). I talked to Joe about it tonight- it’s unfathomable to me that all of it was allowed to happen in the US 50 yrs ago. I And that is it for now. I am beat :) oh and I LOVE HOW OLDER PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST LEARNING HOW TO TEXT MESSAGE ‘SIGN’/WRITE THEIR NAME AT THE END OF EACH TEXT AS IF NO ONE WILL KNOW IT WAS THEM SENDING THE MESSAGE. HAHAHA. and I love how I put my camera in my bag that day a few weeks back so i could take picture of that ghetto truck with the matching ghetto paint job. and I am so grateful that Heavenly father blessed Joe and I with the miracle that all his tools and ladders etc were not stolen out of the back of his truck while he was at work today---because he left his freakin tail gate down and all of it was out in the open to the entire world and every ******* at the QT on stapley and broadway to have free access to. And I love that I still love Joe. ok goodnight.
Me fiddling with the camera trying to fix it and actually taking a picture. I love this accident.

Boycott this San Frannie.


Mom's day. I love to celebrate this mom especially since she's been paying for me since I was born (I'm adopted :))
Proof of the blanket that I made Chase back in January. Yeah I'm extremely proud of myself too.


Play night. This picture perfectly explains why I love these nights when I'm with with ALL of my boys.

My dad's bday. He rode the saddle too but i promised not to post those pics on the net :)




my friend heather and I. ahh cheesy nice pose. (She is now in DC going to PA school and we took this pic the night before she left)


And this is the real us :)




2 comments:

Jen said...

Great catch up!
Seriously love all the crazy faces you guys always make :)

Jenna said...

i love all your loves maren. remember when we had that bonfire in florence and how you guys and us hit it off and we said we would hang out but never did? well we should sometime because im realizing that i miss you.