Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nanny conversations


Cole (6yrs) and I went to the library today and read books together. On our way home, he spotted my sling backpack on the front passenger seat. Here was the conversation.
Cole: Maren, whats that?
Me: It's my school bag for my school books.
Cole: Can I see one of your school books?
Me: Sure. [thinking to myself that the only one interesting to him would be my MCAT Biology review book.] Here you go.
*It's silent for a while as he flips through the pages. As we turn down his street I say-*
Me: Cole, what was your favorite part?
Cole: The picture of the animal with the thing-ies. (He puts his hand's next to his temples and wiggles his fingers.)
Me: [thinking to myself- Animal? I don't remember animals in that book. Uh what section was that in. Crap I hope I don't have to remember any animal facts for the test. Annoying]
*We pull up to the house*
Me: Ok Cole. Show me the picture.
As you can guess from the picture shown already...... the "animal" was the drawing of the female reproductive system.
Me: Yeah Cole. That is a cool animal. OK let's go inside. Here let me have my book to put away.
Classic. I laughed so hard and when I told his mom who is an MD she laughed just as much.
I love being a nanny. And I love that he thought it was an animal, cause as all of us ladies know, it can be one sometimes.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's hilarious!
Way to go for just going along with the animal thing.