Sunday, February 14, 2010

Last 2 months

Time with the boys!!
Cheese or rather mad face.


I love them!!


Every nanny and mom knows this position. It is the "put your head in my chest (boobs for those of you unlike me who actually have them hahah) and don't cry".
Chase almost fell off the counter/bar stools and my as Joe calls them 'cat-like' I say 'Mom-like' reflexes totally caught him before hitting the tile. Never the less, it was scarry and there were about to be some waterworks, so I quickly was all "I saved you!!! Yeah! You're ok and awesome! Here let me hold you."
Alas, the "supress -the-weeping-chest/boob-squeeze" haha.



Chasey baby. I love his arm around my neck. ah he is so dear to my heart.


Trick or treat, smell my feet. so cute.


Our house is so green. This is a bush by our backdoor.


We had my cousins Brett and Erica and their new baby Ally visit. Oh man she is so cute. They waited a long time for this baby and we all love her. (P.S. I made that blanket for her!!!!!!!)



Cole lost his first tooth. Actually he pulled it out himself! Joe and I were watching them one night and Joe told him if he wasn't careful he might swallow it in his sleep and then the tooth fairy wouldn't bring him any money! In less than 5 minutes, he climbed up on the counter and began pulling it. I started to imagine this scenario where he yanks it half way out and then starts to cry when it began to bleed everywhere, and me having to pull it out then, so I said "Cole if you are going to pull that out, you better pull hard and fast." and he did!
The after was the best. It is so hard to explain but it was so funny.
Ok, he had just pulled it out and then was right at that point where he was about to cry (cause it hurt and was scarry and began to bleed) and he wanted to be tough, so he bit down on the tissue and squoze his hands into fists and his face started to turn red and joe and I were all "Your awesome! You are sooooo amazing! We're so proud of you!!!" etc. etc. and then he did this "I AM MAN" stance with his hands in fists raised above his head and was all "ahhhhhhhhhh". Oh my gosh. I thought I was going to die laughing. CLASSIC. I'm sad that I was there for that first moment (instead of his mom) but am soo glad. I love Cole so much.

The blanket I made for Cole's 6th birthday. Don't know if you can tell, but inside the gumball machine part, I put all my favorite pictures of us for the last 3 years. And no, that's not real money, it was some fabric I found and cut apart! Story behind the gumball choice: When Cole was little, he loved gumball machines, no actually was obsessed with them. He would ask to go to blockbuster just to use the gum ball machine :) He asked for one for his 3rd birthday and his parent's totally got him a little one. Oh man 7th heaven. :)
I made a pirate ship one for Chase but the pictures I took of it were erased somehow, so I'll put some up later. Seriously so proud of myself. And yes, it was 11o% my original idea and I did all the work, minus some tricky corners by my mom and then some tieing it with Joe . He is so cute.

I love spring. Sooooooo beautiful.


Cole's illegal immigrant transport replica.
Just kidding. After he built it, that was all I could think of. Seriously, I swear I'm not racist but for real.

I love play days with the boys. I love to be a kid.

Lego's through the eyes of a child. I love it so much.



Indy says "I am prepared to use excessive force if anyone makes fun of my man bag."
Just kidding, but seriously, WTF with the man bag.

Long story short. We got a new bird. Turned out the bird we picked was blind. Felt too guilty to return it..... so we got another one that could see to keep it company and look out for the blind one. Visually challenged one is blue (Tiki) and the guide bird is green (Sheperd). I haven't laughed so hard for a very very very long time.
Morale of the story: If your bird doesn't even try to run away fromt the net as the pet store associate it capturing it for you, it's probably not "fate...ohhhhhh"----.
1.Helen keller bird: $22.99
2.Normal bird: $12.99 on sale
3.Beating the odds and paying full price for a blind bird and buying one that can see the very next day for less (because the birds are now on sale).......:Costly but funny laughs

Pixar movie sky.


I promise I was doing yard work too..............

Joe cleaning up our property. He is amazing!

Our orchid grew a chute over the last 2 months and within 2 weeks has grown bulbs on it.... amazing.


And then they bloomed. Within a few weeks. Crazy

Found this enormous organge in the groves. Yes, it was bigger than a huge grapefruit and was about the size of joe's noggin. :)
Ok that's it. Alot of school for now. Prob will be a while until the next time. ----ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Not sure how I missed this post.
I know you were just waiting for me to comment :)

Love the bird story- hilarious!!!
Seriously I want all those flowers that grow in your yard! so jealous.