Friday, January 1, 2010

December 2009 - January 2010



Here is to more beautiful days like today. Gosh Arizona can be so incredibly kind sometimes. Last week I realized that I lost this side of me I used to love so much. I lost it with the gain of adulthood I gained this past year…….. but I damned and determined to get it back. This past year has been the hardest thing I have done yet. There are few moments I’d revisit for the smiles. I am more than ok with moving on to more beautiful days like today.

I love grapefruit. Literally wild for them for they are quite inspiring. I’ll explain: When you eat one, you have to mop your kitchen floor after (clean up all the juice) or you have to choose go outside for some fresh air to eat it. Speaking of which….. anyone in need of citrus?? We have SOOOOO much and we need to pick it to let the fruit for next year grow….. I hate to throw it away. Anyone need some?!?!?!

I do love our house we live in now. So green and beautiful. There are these little birds with red bellies and red chins that are so lively playing in the 2 foot tall weeds growing right outside our dining room window. Too bad we’re cutting them down tomorrow. L It’s very humorous to watch them flit and hop about in this sole patch of weeds like it is some hidden tropical oasis. And every now and again our hummingbird buzzes into view. He has been here since we moved in. Almost every day some of our neighbors ride their horses up our drive way to the orange groves behind our house. Today a girl is riding her young mare while talking on her cell phone. Pretty funny. Did I mention that I love it here? Everyone we know has bought a house. It terrifies me. I love the feeling that at any day we could pack up our bags and move to where ever we choose, with nothing but the few possessions we might elect to bring.

Other than that……………..this week: swine flu, strep throat and beginnings of pneumonia. I have never felt so crappy (not the word I had originally chosen……. Haha.) Joe was by far the bestest. Rubbed my back when I had bad muscle aches, drove me to the Drs, made me soup, watched the boys for me one morning, did dishes, and countless other things. He has grown a lot this year too.

As far as Christmas goes: two days before spent time with BEST family friend Tammy and her fam. Holy mother her daughter Ally is a babe. We went with them and the boys bowling and spent two night giggling, swapping pics, stories, you tube videos and other much needed lovies. Christmas eve we took the boys ice skating. 2nd annual :) and then for Christmas……We spent it with each other…..only!! Joe has to work Christmas eve and Christmas day. Hurrah for double time. The day after we trekked up to my parents cabin in alpine. Pretty fun stuff. It’s when we got home that I started to feel sick. New Years Joe and I took Cole to camp and Chase to the horse stables to feed them carrots and apples. Chase got attacked by this territorial rooster when he turned his back.(Oh man …brought back memories of this rooster that used to chase me when I was a kid). Joe caught it and hypnotized it and then let Chase kick it awake. Chase was all “Serves you right.” SOOO CUTE. Then we got some Mesa froyo and dropped Joe off to go to work. Boys and I ate at Oreganos and watched Night @ Museum and G-Force. They both passed out during the second movie and I put them in bed and Joe came over after work. That’s it. Ok I’m gonna go eat some left over oreganos. I am ok with the fact that I am less than woman sometimes :)
















Cole on a rainy day..........









Gave the boys skateboards for christmas. cole is a natural.



Bowling. Victory dance :)




Cute bottoms :)


View from my Parents cabin





Chasey babay


Temple lights









1 comment:

Unknown said...

The photos are BEAUTIFUL!!