Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We're quitting our jobs to be bums......and live off the spreaded wealth.

Oh man…. Where do I begin?
The next four years…. Ehhhh…. Did anyone else see the gay flags being waved at the Obama rally? Wow. I’m sad. Joe is sad.
I took a test last week in a Chem class I’m taking. The teacher started out lecturing for the chapters by saying that the test for them had an 80% fail rate. I took it last week (and thanks to Joe and a few answered prayers to help me remember) got a 92%!!!!!! We talked about the test today in class because 72 people got less than a 50% on it .......and about doing a curve or not. During this discussion, one student said:


“How about we take the points from the 13 people who got A’s and distribute their points to everyone else. You know, kinda like Obama’s distribute the wealth plan.”


Another student said, “Oh shut up you are just butt hurt that McCain lost.”


And then I got to thinking about it and said, “Most of us in here are going into the healthcare profession and will make good money. So remember that after all the time you spend studying to do good on a test and keep up your GPA, after med school when some of your hard earned money is given for free to some who doesn’t have a job doesn’t care enough to get one.”


Joe and I work full time and go to school full time….. to think that after all the late hours and effort to get me to where I want to go, I will have to give up a portion of my hard earned money (and it will be hard earned) to someone who is on welfare and probably will be for the rest of their life because they can do so and comfortably survive!

You know, cause wouldn’t it be nice to stay at home, eat, play and go to school for free off of someone else’s hard earned money? That’s the good life right there. We won't even have to get collection cups and donations on the corner. It will be mailed to us in check form every month so we won't miss "Days of our Lives" and "Passions". AMEN.

All I know is that as members of the church we have been taught to prepare for hard times that are ahead and that is what Joe and I are going to especially focus on now.

1 comment:

Hills said...

Hey Maren! I found your blog on Danica's. You sure said that all very well. I'm not impressed with the new president and his supposedly "change America for the better" plans. Good for you for being a hard worker all we can do now is be thankful for the education we get to take with us in the eternities and how blessed you and your husband will be for all your efforts. Here goes to four years...yikes. Yeah for blogging! :)