






It seems like it barely happened, yet it feels like forever ago. :)
Today was simple and wonderful in every way. I wish I had time to share, maybe later because responsibility calls.
Here is part of a letter I wrote to him:
As I was driving to class last night, I thought about what I told Shea and specifically about the quote “Marriage is mean to stir our divine potential.”
I thought:
Yes, it is true that it is meant to stir our divine potential. I’ve been thinking this whole time that [the quote] is referring to our divine qualities and character traits , like being patient, kind, full of love, spiritual, hard working, creative, giving and all of the things that will make ourselves and each other better….. that the other person in the marriage naturally brings out these good traits in you. Perhaps this is part of the meaning of this quote but also… well more so----
the quote really means that Marriage- the act of it- the ups and downs and all the imperfect parts is what allows us to face situations in which we practice choosing the better path, the right thing to do, the Christ-like thing to do. Specifically for me, marriage allows me to grow to be more patient, loving, caring, kind, thoughtful, peaceful, stronger, and to work on all of my character flaws, like being rash and stubborn and arrogant and hard headed, impatient and critical . I get an opportunity to work on these because of the “hard things” we go through in a marriage (really just daily life). I’m sorry. I love you. I am so sorry and sorrowful for being very blind and for the many not so admirable things I have said and done in these last three years.
I am grateful that today I was able to see this very profound lesson. This is something I needed to learn while here on this Earth. Thank you for being a part of this.
Marriage is mean to stir my divine potential. It does so because it allows me to practice those traits which lead me to be divine- for divine is our heritage and divine is our future, mine and yours and ours together.
Joe thank you for choosing me- even from all the rest. I love you. I love you.
Here is to the next year (and eternity) of becoming more divine.
Your wifey forever (I love you!),
Maren



4 comments:
So sweet :)
Happy anniversary! You two are really the cutest couple.
p.s. i need explanations to all the pics though :)
Yay!! Happy anniversary!! :-] I can't believe it's already been 3 years! So crazy!
So sweet! You guys are too cute. Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment