Friday, August 19, 2011

Food

I have been avoiding videos like these lately because they make me cry---alot. And I feel helpless and spoiled --no worse than spoiled but I can't think of an appropriate word to describe it. It's not fair that I have food and these little kids don't.



All i know is that the least I can do is pray every night for God to help them and lead me to a way to help them too. Please please remember them in your prayers too.





























Note: The following is written mostly for my own records sake. Please do not read it unless you decide you will not be offended by it or judgemental of it. I did not write this with anyone else in mind. These thoughts are directed on the reflection of mine and Joe's life only.)





It sounds somewhat wrong if put in the wrong context but when I see things like this my motivation to be a medical doctor is fueled tenfold. And even that makes me feel awful-- that I have money to go to school/that I spend on school. And not that we ever planned on having kids until I'm done with school but watching this and letting it touch my heart definitley quells any desire to have kids of my own any time in the foreseeable future.Other women in the world may have similar desires to have a baby of their own but they don't have access to basic necessities of life to support a growing child. Horrific enough but still sadly true that some women aren't afforded the freedom of choice of becoming pregnant after a selfish man makes that choice for them. And after, these women are left to care for a baby without access to water, food and shelfter to be able to do so. It feels wrong for me to bring a child into this world when I know I could instead help one of the millions of children in this world who are living in circumstances that fall so unimagineably short of the most basic life sustaining circumstances with access necessary commodities that I and Joe have everyday while living in this wonderful country. So Joe and I have decided not to bring a little someone of our own into this world until I can (and he can) do my part to make this world a better place hopefully not only for one 'someone else' but many 'someone else' 's. I's like to think that not only will we be grateful for this choice but also someday our own little ones will be grateful we did too.

No comments: