Friday, August 14, 2009

New place

So here is the new house we are renting. Still lots of projects to do... for instance, I cleaned all the windows inside and out today and watered the massive lawn (Joe is now bff with my dad's riding lawn mower haha). Living here reminds me of the house I grew up in in St. David...... it's very "farm-ish". For example, we've found spiders and scorpions, toads, snakes, gophers, baby bunnies, ducks and ducklings, the neighbors all have horses and/or cows, there was a huge lizard chillin by my backdoor this afternoon when I went out side, and burrowing squirrels that are so annoyingly living under our shed... at least until Joe borrows my dad's silent 22 rifle or pellet gun :) My alarm went off at 5am so I could get ready for work and all I could hear was roosters and coyotes.... so weird.
Anyways, it's a small house, what we now refer to as "cozy" but that's cool cause it just the two of us for the next LONG LONG while :)
Anyways, here it is... still not done with unpacking or decorating, but thought I'd share :)


House and front yard


11 acres of orange groves


Burrowing squirrels TEMPORARY home



Burrowing squirrel hang out


more front yard


back yard


study/office

Bathroom. It's so nice to shower with the sun shining in!!!

Hallway and Joe's painting. I told him that he has to paint the frame white or else it can't stay there :)





Living room. Still some unpacking to do.......





Tiny dining room


Kitchen... the biggest improvement in the house was this. New paint, new cabinents, new counters, new stove, new sink etc etc etc.....



More organizing to do.... not really places/room for things like my candles clocks etc......


No master bed room pics cause joe is sleeping in it at the moment.

That's it. See, it's "cozy".

No comments: