Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birf-day

Ahhhh birthday! Bestest ever! Got tickets to the night before showing of Breaking Dawn, flowers, French toast and smoothies breakfast, an IPod touch for Nicaragua/Costa Rica, Sprinkles cupcakes, Joe made all those boring wait on hold forever phone calls to companies ( Dell etc.) I've been avoiding, a blender, ITunes gift cards, some time with Chase and Cole, a sweet "weenie" treat from a primary kid..... That's what I can think of for right now. Unofficial gift that was more of a coincidence was a offer to be referred for a hospital job.

And with all of this--- I am so grateful and sad at the same time. I worked with a little old Hispanic man at the hospital last night who long story shot was taking his diabetes medication like he should but did not have enough food (besides a few cans of chicken noodle soup) to eat and no food + diabetes meds had made him very sick. And I cried when I left ... A lot. And I really learned a lesson about judging someone...again (sad but true-again.) And I can't wait to serve those underserved both in a few months and in the future when I'm an MD.




(I don't know why these are so small .... sad day.)





No comments: